Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

DVLA field test at Soecsavers

(7 Posts)
tlc2011 Sun 20-Nov-16 19:44:53

Anyone had one of these lately?
I did yesterday and was completely thrown by the new fancy machine which was more complicated than the old ones I've been used to for these tests for years.
But the thing that bothered me most was that I was doing it in a little alcove just off the incredibly noisy waiting area which was really distracting. I queried it with pre-pubescent Specsaver man and he said that's how the DVLA say it should be done?
I get that when driving you could be distracted but this was not driving - it was an unfamiliar process to assess my eyesight.
I'm terrified I might lose my licence so would appreciate any comments/experiences.

tlc2011 Sun 20-Nov-16 19:47:37

Yes I know, I should have gone to Specsavers not Soecsavers - oh the irony!

MrsWooster Sun 20-Nov-16 19:55:15

Ought I to be doing something about eyesight..? I'm t2 , just on metformin.

strugglingstepdad Sun 20-Nov-16 20:02:11

Is that the one where you have the lights and have to click when you see them?

Had to do one for my hgv eyesight test.

tlc2011 Sun 20-Nov-16 20:03:35

Not sure MrsWooster as I'm T1 and have had retinopathy in both eyes with extensive laser treatment. Not sure on DVLA requirements for advising them but would imagine separate to that you would need your eyes checked regularly.

tlc2011 Sun 20-Nov-16 20:04:41

Yes that's it strugglingstepdad

SauvignonBlanche Sun 20-Nov-16 20:06:30

I had the test this time last year and the circumstances were just as you described, in a alcove in a busy area.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now