Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

Juicing/Smoothies

(3 Posts)
samk15 Tue 21-Jun-16 09:00:35

Good morning, I'm type 2, well controlled on metformin and insulin.
I am in desperate need of getting more veggies into my body.
Does anyone have experience of juicing/ smoothies? Obviously there are certain fruits I would avoid or have in small amounts. I want to invest in a NutriBullet but I don't want to make the diabetes worse.

Any thoughts or experiences would be much appreciated.

Gingernaut Thu 23-Feb-17 21:52:31

You'll have to avoid fruit in general.

I'm in the strange position of working in a diabetes related position and work alongside the clinical professionals.

The dieticians look on smoothies as the work of Satan.

niccyb Sun 19-Nov-17 20:50:45

All fruit is carbohydrates and no you do not have to avoid fruit. Have no more than 2-3 portions a day (handful). Diabetes U.K. has thousands of recipes including fruit and puddings.
It’s about everything in moderation. Have vegetables in the smoothies but try to avoid fruit smoothies on a daily basis.
I work in diabetes and with dietitians and we do not advise to avoid fruit and neither does diabetes U.K. x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now