Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

What should blood sugars post meals and fasting be non diabetic?

(3 Posts)
ridingsixwhitehorses Mon 18-Apr-16 20:42:18

I had GD but tested clear three months post baby. Baby now six months and going to start diet asap using the info I got during pregnancy and bs testing about which foods work for me etc. have loads of needles and sugar strips left so thoughts I might test for a bit to check I am getting it right. Anyone know should I be aiming for my blood sugars to be the same as when pg with gd ie fasting 5.5 or under and hour post food 7.5 or under.

AmandaJane82a Tue 19-Apr-16 18:26:36

I am diabetic, I thing most non diabetic people are between 5 and 6 most of the time, when I have given friends or family a check (because they've asked) it always seems to have been 5.5. Hope that helps.

ridingsixwhitehorses Fri 22-Apr-16 16:11:41

Thank you x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now