Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

So angry - husband has been accused of slipping back into old eating habits by new trial co-ordinator after not losing more weight

(4 Posts)
SirChenjin Mon 21-Mar-16 17:34:13

DH has been taking part in a clinical trial - 800 calories a day for the last 4 months. Hes lost 4 stone and looks and feels amazing. Various health problems (including T2 diabetes) have gone. It's been a really tough time but he's done it, is now going to the gym and feels so much better about himself. I am inordinately proud of him - he's stuck to a pretty grim diet religiously and is determined to keep the weight off and his health better than it's been in 20 years.

He's just texted - very low sounding. He had a regular check up this morning and saw a new co-ordinator. The previous woman has been hugely supportive, but this one was very dismissive as he hasn't lost any weight in 2 weeks. She said there was absolutely no reason why he wouldn't and said that he must be slipping into old habits again (he definitely definitely isn't).

He's very upset and doesn't know how he's going to manage for much longer on this number of calories - and feels like all his hard work has just been dismissed.

Any ideas why he's not losing weight - and what we can do about this trial co-ordinator? Last thing I want is for him to feel.demotivated and to come off it.

HungoverLikeaSpunMoorhenChick Mon 21-Mar-16 17:37:24

Muscle development? It does weigh more than fat, so if he's going to the gym, this could be part of it.

SleepyForest Mon 21-Mar-16 17:41:15

He must be losing weight on 800 calories. Maybe their scales are wrong? If he is feeling so much better he should try to focus on those excellent results. I hope he manages to keep going and that he gets a different co ordinator next time.

SirChenjin Mon 21-Mar-16 17:50:30

I wondered about muscle as well..or 'starvation mode'?

This woman now seems to be the new co-ordinator sadly - way to go to really encourage your participants hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now