Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

Diabetes diagnosis

(3 Posts)
yummumto3girls Tue 26-Jan-16 22:41:23

Hi, please can I have some advise. I had a check for my normal thyroid meds this week, the GP also tested my blood sugars. My heamoglobin result came back as 55. Is the normal test? They have said this indicates diabetes and need to retest in 2 weeks, this feels like a long time to wait and I am anxious to know. I am struggling with blurred vision and am very tired, I have just put it down to January blues! Should I push for a retest sooner? Any advice greatly appreciated.

BackforGood Tue 26-Jan-16 23:32:49

I'm no medic, but generally speaking when Drs want to re-test something to confirm it, they make a conscious decision to leave it a set amount of time, to ensure results aren't being affected by anything else going on (a cold or other ailment) - it's not that they are making you wait because they haven't got many appointments. I don't think pushing for an earlier retest makes any sense - if the time didn't matter, they could have done a 2nd test there and then.

yummumto3girls Tue 26-Jan-16 23:36:13

Thankyou for your response. I am sure that the delay is for a reason, and hopefully the retest will show there isn't a problem, however it's frustrating not knowing and feeling so rubbish!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now