Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

Eating out but...... What? Chinese or Indian ?

(4 Posts)
Onetoetree Fri 09-Oct-15 14:56:57

I have gestational diabeties and my partner wants to go out for a meal a Chinese or Indian. Usually I would be fine but now I have GD I am worried about what to eat. I feel like all I eat is plain meat and salad lately which to be honest I am not complaining I am eating more meat than usual as I have cut a lot of my carbs out so my bloods sugars are at a acceptable level.

I am concerned as I don't really know what to eat, what will be good and what won't.

RealHuman Fri 09-Oct-15 15:01:51

Indian, pick a sauce that's not too sweet, or a drier curry, and no rice. Roti or chapati can be quite low GI so you might be able to have one of those. Poppadoms are quite good; they're made from pulses so quite high in protein as well as fat, but avoid the mango chutney.

SpottyTeacakes Tue 13-Oct-15 18:05:43

Definitely Indian. Chinese causes major issues with my sugar levels (as does macdonalds!) Indian I'm fine with though, you could always skip the rice if you don't want anything too carby

RoganJosh Tue 13-Oct-15 18:07:50

I agree. Definitely not a sweet sauce like korma or passander and you should be ok. A chicken tikka (ie no sauce) type thing might be good too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now