Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

diabetes

(2 Posts)
ilovesprouts Fri 21-Aug-15 19:37:27

had a gtt test rang the docs up to ask about my results says i have to see the nurse as my test has come up consistant with diabetes now im worred i have it anyadvice plze x

Ruksy34 Sun 13-Dec-15 23:32:49

Hi, I was diagnosed with type 2 Diabetes September 2014, honestly I felt has if my world had fell apart which is really strange because I have suffered from Rheumatoid Arthritis for over 20yrs and is getting worse. I was checked constantly for over 2 months the GP said my sugar level was continually high and needed to be controlled, so I was told I was diabetic and but on Gilzigade I think its called but then I suffered from really low blood sugar level, I was then put on Metformin which was said to be kinder to my tummy, ( I has non stop trots). I was left with no info on what to eat so I lived on crackers and Branflakes, I was told to cut down on my bread and potato intake has it can raise sugar levels. I am really slim and I always assumed overweight people get type 2 Diabetes, how wrong was I !! I spent a full year telling the GP my diabetes was medically induced, because at the time of diagnosis I was on a high dosage of Steriods and Methotrixate, both which not only raise your blood pressure but your sugar levels, despite weighing less than my normal weight at that time, ( has I was eating next to nothing, I had been suffering non stop flare ups). A year on thankfully I had my Metformin gradually reduced and hope in my next review will be completely off them. My current GP agreed and said it was due to my medication at that time, I am still on Methotrixate but I am off the steroids.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now