Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

frequent low blood sugar episodes

(3 Posts)
MummySparkle Mon 03-Aug-15 16:22:50

Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right place as I haven't been diagnosed with diabetes, but I was hoping for some advice as to whether this is normal.

I frequently suffer from, what I think is low blood sugar. It happens every week or so. I can be fine, then in the space of a few minutes start to feel shaky and hot and panicky and a bit faint, along with a sudden craving to eat something sugary. I also feel like my head is foggy and I can't think properly, and I get very snappy. One came on about an hour ago, I had a drink and ate some bread (was nearest) as soon as I could, have also had some biscuits. I've stopped feeling so shaky now and my head is just starting to unfog and calm down a bit.

I'm not really sure what causes this, and it's worrying when it happens. Is this a normal thing, it should I be going to see my GP?

MrsCampbellBlack Tue 04-Aug-15 15:27:23

I'd definitely see your GP. However it doesn't sound like diabetes as with that if uncontrolled/undiagnosed then your blood sugars are very high.

Quite a lot of people suffer with low blood sugar though so worth getting it checked out.

MummySparkle Tue 04-Aug-15 17:28:38

Thank you MrsCambell I'll make an appt to see my GP

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now