Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

eating and blood glucose levels

(5 Posts)
rhia88 Sun 01-Feb-15 20:16:40

Just looking for some advice, had bloods taken just as a general check, but got called to go back to get fasting bloods done as my glucose levels came back slightly raised, when i had my bloods taken originally it was first thing and i had literally just eaten golden syrup porridge about 15mins before the test, just wondering if this could of caused the raised result, thanks in advance.

paddyclampo Mon 02-Feb-15 12:39:37

It's possible that would raise them slightly. Do you know how raised they were? Was it a random blood glucose or a hba1c?

rhia88 Mon 02-Feb-15 12:52:39

It was just random bloods, don't know how raised they were.

paddyclampo Mon 02-Feb-15 17:07:44

Any other symptoms?

rhia88 Mon 02-Feb-15 18:18:58

No nothing, i was getting bloods taken as i was feeling nauseous, but this has stopped now and i have no other symptoms.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: