Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

Diabetes symptoms

(3 Posts)
jude3184 Tue 13-Jan-15 23:17:29

Hi all, I have been experiencing some symptoms for a while now and after piecing everything together I have finally (yesterday) hauled myself off to the Drs to get checked out.

Pins and needles in my fingers
Breathlessness
Headaches
Terrible mood swings
Slow healing bruises and cuts
Tiredness (although being a mum of two that's normal I'm sure)
Urinating constantly (absolutely bursting atleast 2 times and hour)
And finally, (what made me go to the Drs in the end) my body itches and I mean everywhere...arms, hands, fingers, armpits, face, legs...it's waking me at night and there's no rash or anything I just itch all the time and its driving me mad!!

Anyway, the Dr told me she wants to test me for diabetes, liver function, kidney function and then if all that comes back clear and ok then she wants to do an internal to rule out an enlarged womb (I'm assuming she feels that may be causing me to urinate more frequently but doesn't explain the other symptoms?)

I'm was wondering what symptoms everyone else had for diabetes? I'm worrying myself sick here about whether I could cope with the drastic changes I would have to make if the worst is confirmed!

SpottyTeacakes Wed 14-Jan-15 08:38:04

Mine were common symptoms of weight loss, frequent urination due to extreme thirst. Complete unquenchable constant thirst.

Good luck with your results.

jude3184 Wed 14-Jan-15 12:56:34

I haven't experienced thirst like that although I am constantly drinking coffee and tea throughout the day...rarely anything else...I just hope I get to the bottom of it, thanks for your reply xx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: