Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

New job, lifestyle change, advice on settling in/meals please :)

(3 Posts)
Pandora452 Mon 08-Dec-14 23:20:06

Hiya
I'm a type 2, been diagnosed for a couple of years and currently working 12h night shifts.
Am on metformin 3x a day and gliclazide twice a day - was on twice a day of both until recently. Levels are meh tbh and because of working nights I often miss meals and/or tablet doses. I know this is not ideal.

I have just got a job working days for reduced hours - not sure how it'll break down a day but its part time. I will be basically flipping my body clock back round and completely changing my routine.

Any advice/tips on doing this please? I especially could do with meal ideas for breakfast (ideally on the go/quick to eat) and for light lunches as I have no idea where to start - right now I don't generally eat breakfast or its toast, lunch is usually a sandwich and dinner can be all sorts so I need an overhaul BADLY.

I will also be massively increasing my exercise levels as I will be walking around 40mins to work each day and 40mins back as well as a more active job, so I want to make sure I'm eating sensibly. This is a chance to make sure I start new routines with the new job and have a clean slate so I don't want ot mess it up.

Thank you smile

RobotRuthy Tue 09-Dec-14 20:14:44

I have porridge for breakfast. Regular with milk put into microwave for 2 mins. Add extra flavourings as in dried fruit, honey etc
or
poached egg on wilted spinach
or
0% Greek yogurt with oats and honey

For lunch peanut butter on lettuce
or
boiled egg/cheese salad
or
home made veg soup.

I'm T2 and after reading 'Reverse Your Diabetes' am trying to stick to a low carb (not no carb) diet.

I also search 'Pinterest' for Paleo diet ideas.

Good luck...it's a bgr isn't it?! smile

Pandora452 Tue 09-Dec-14 22:01:38

I hate it. I've not really been coping with having it but I'm hoping new job, new routine and new year can get me sorted

Pinterest is a good idea

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now