Talk

Advanced search
In partnership with Red & Yellow Care

Christmas

(2 Posts)
DoctorDonnaNoble Tue 23-Dec-14 14:19:38

So, just want to get this off my chest. Other than meeting and marrying DH the past 5 years have been rubbish. My DF died of aplastic anaemia 5 years ago and then my mum had to have an ear removed due to cancer. While I was going through this DMIL was diagnosed with breast cancer. So we'd both been through loads before we met. Since then DMIL's cancer has come back and she's now terminal.
That's the background! Over this year DFIL has been getting more and more confused this resulted in him going missing. The police were called he was found and then admitted to a mental health unit. Since then he's been sectioned due to threatening staff.
It's just too much.

magimedi Tue 23-Dec-14 16:03:10

What a bloody bucket load of shite you are having to deal with.

No advice beyond trying to be kind to yourself & eat well & make sure you stay hydrated. It's all to easy to neglect these things when life is really bad.

And if you can afford it, make sure you have some treats for yourself, like a nice haircut and/or a good book to take you away from things.

My sympathies to you flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now