Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone been to Blackgang chine?

(12 Posts)
MamaMaiasaura Mon 15-Aug-05 23:11:27

I have booked tickets and am going tomorrow with ds, and a friend and her son.

Thing is I thought it was meant to be a good place (although cant remember where i heard it). Looking on thier website all it it appears to show is cartoon pictures and no photos.

Has anyone been? Is it good there? any tips? Anything i should take? Sorry so late in day.

gingernut Mon 15-Aug-05 23:27:33

we went last summer with ds1 who was 2.5 at the time. He loved it. We thought it was naff! There are places to eat, we got a quite decent sandwich-type meal (there were cooked meals as well, from a cafe place doing junk-type stuff and a slightly more restauranty place doing slightly more `proper' meals IYSWIM). The main things ds liked were the playground and roundabouts. For older ones there was some sort of water slide thing but TBH I can't remember what else (apart from some sort of roller-coaster ride which was being taken apart due to not having passed H&S requirements!).

HTH.

MamaMaiasaura Mon 15-Aug-05 23:31:46

oh bugger - wondering if they will change ticket to robin hill then. Ds and his friend are 5. really dont want naff. Was meant to be extra specail treat for the boys. I stupidly thought that it sounded cool with the little western town etc.

gingernut Mon 15-Aug-05 23:35:48

well, they might still think it is cool mightn't they?

They might like the dinosaurs. Not sure what they mean by the Western town, my memory is a bit hazy but I was pg so maybe suffering from pg brian

MamaMaiasaura Mon 15-Aug-05 23:45:01

do you think. Ok. Just got this niggle that is saying it sounds like a real bad idea now iykwim. thank lots for advice tho

LHP Mon 15-Aug-05 23:56:11

The water slide is great. Your 5yos will love it. I went at easter with a 3yo. Thought it all looked a bit tired and in need of a good lick of paint but maybe cos beginning of season. Loads to do for a 5yo though, a pirate ship to climb in, "nursery land" houses to explore like crooked house. Humpty a bit scary tho! teacups to ride on, lots of animatronic (?) stuff, a disco house where you control drums by dancing. I think at 5 they are just right for it. Enjoy your day

MamaMaiasaura Tue 16-Aug-05 00:00:30

thanks LHP. I think i am a bit nervous as it was my idea and now thinking Robin hill would have been better. Just me being silly i think.

MamaMaiasaura Wed 17-Aug-05 21:41:46

just to update - went to black gang and ds and his friend had great fun - lots to do for his age and me and my frind even had a go on a couple of things loved the water ride and snakes and ladders (though a bit of a killer on the legs!)

Didnt even manage to do it all and really glad we went

gingernut Wed 17-Aug-05 21:45:37

glad you had a good time!

MamaMaiasaura Wed 17-Aug-05 21:49:03

didnt risk the roller coaster tho!

gingernut Wed 17-Aug-05 21:50:16

well I hope they've got a new one now!

MamaMaiasaura Wed 17-Aug-05 21:54:29

i hope so to! off to watch Lost now yay

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now