Talk

Advanced search

Whipsnade - do we need to take a picnic?

(7 Posts)
mckenzie Thu 11-Aug-05 08:34:14

normally i'm very organised but it's been a hectic few days and I dont really have anything suitable for a picnic for today's trip to Whipsnade. Are the cafes/restaurants there okay? or should we stop at M&S on our way?

TIA

MrsGordonRamsay Thu 11-Aug-05 08:41:56

I can't comment on Whipsnade, but I can say that the food at Marwell Zoo is vile and the food at Legloland is not much better.

We are thinking of going to Whipsnade so I shall watch this thread with interest.

mckenzie Thu 11-Aug-05 09:14:14

agree with your comments re Legoland (and very expensive too). Leaving now so wont see anymore comments. Think M&S is called for!

mckenzie Thu 11-Aug-05 17:31:29

hiya MrsGR

Whipsnade was great fun today (expensive day out though, we spent about £100 including petrol). We did remember to stop at M&S but forgot to bring the coolbox to put things in so we ended up buying our food there. DS had sausage, chips and cabbage for £3.50 which included a drink and DH and I had sandwich (various filings all at £2.45). The train ride was extra (£5 for DH and DS) but we were reliably informed that it is a charity and not a profit making organisation so every penny we spend is going to help the animals etc.

Check out the Lookout Cafe if you go. We didn't actually go inside but the views from that area were fantastic.

misdee Thu 11-Aug-05 17:44:46

whipsnade is fantastic, if a little bit pricey. dd1 has annual membership, and she has already been 3 times this year.

was it packed today? i want to take the kids one day during the holidays but am worried it will be too busy to see anything. did u see the bird show? and the sea lions?

the views of the Downs as you walk to the penguin area are amazing.

mckenzie Thu 11-Aug-05 20:25:50

Not busy at all. We missed the sea lion show but saw the bird show - that was brilliant. DS thought so too.

MrsGordonRamsay Fri 12-Aug-05 09:14:36

mckenzie

Thanks for that,

Misdee

How come only one of your gorgeous daughters has membership, did she win it ??

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: