Talk

Advanced search

Find me somewhere to go/somthing to do today!

(10 Posts)
Hulababy Fri 05-Aug-05 09:06:46

I have no ideas, but need to get out of the apartment I think.

Don't want to just go into town or go shopping. And want something for DD (3y4m) to do.

But what to do?

What stuff is everyone else doing - any ideas?

In Sheffield BTW, but I have car or train.....

...any ideas?

TwinSetAndPearls Fri 05-Aug-05 09:15:32

I am going round to a friends house with dd to meet up with a few other mums for a gossip and so the kids can meet up and play.

Is there nothing on at your local library? Story telling, art and craft?

gigglinggoblin Fri 05-Aug-05 09:16:11

do you have any rivers/streams/lakes near you where you could sit with a picnic?

Hulababy Fri 05-Aug-05 09:16:55

Weather not good enough to sit and have picnic here!

TwinSetAndPearls Fri 05-Aug-05 09:17:07

When we feel the need to get out we tend to go the park or beach to shake off the cobwebs, can you not drive to an open space, take a picnic maybe.

TwinSetAndPearls Fri 05-Aug-05 09:17:34

It is brightening up here, I can feel the sun through the windows.

alux Fri 05-Aug-05 09:20:27

I took dd (only 3.5 mo) to the garden centre down the road to gaze up close at the flowers and carp they have for sale. It's all so new to her and she truly enjoyed it. (only managed to leave with one plant under a fiver )

lucy5 Fri 05-Aug-05 09:23:37

My dd always loves a trip to the garden centre, our local ones has pets and a mini ball pool with cafe. Can easily spend 3 hours in there. if the weathers bad what about the cinema?

kid Fri 05-Aug-05 09:26:27

swimming. DS is insisting we go today but we can't.

Hulababy Fri 05-Aug-05 17:41:37

Thanks for ideas.

Hi all.

In the end wwe settled on the farm. We went to one in Doncaster, called Brockholes. we have been before but I tend too forget how nice it is. It is pretty big with quite a lot of animals. Not just cows, sheep and pigs either, but also emu, ostrich, wallabies, raccoons, zebra, etc. And there is a lovely woodland walk at the bottom, and a playground. And pony rides which DD loves Weather wasn't looking so great so we decided to eat in the cafe, although when we got there the weather had really brightened up and was quite warm TBH, But cafe was fine.

Called at my grandma's on way home too, as not been over for a while. That was nice too

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now