Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What to do in Hailsham, Sussex?

(4 Posts)
Oliviab Wed 22-Jun-05 21:08:52

Staying at one fo the Parents Need Pampering cottages in August with my Mumsnet discount. Anyone know anything fun and familyish (eldest is 2) nearby?
Cheers,Liv

jenthehen Wed 22-Jun-05 21:39:53

Hi we've been recently and had a lovely time, although was disappointed with the cottage. We stayed with friends and all our children were under 4. We had a lovely day on the beach (pebbles) at Eastbourne and the children enjoyed a ride on the seafront train. I would also reccomend Drusillas, this is quite expensive, about £35 for the family but you can spend the whole day there. hope this helps.

fishfinger Wed 22-Jun-05 22:02:25

what was wrong with it?

jenthehen Wed 22-Jun-05 22:24:10

I was looking forward to a bit of luxury but I thought it was shabby and not as child-friendly as I was hoping for, ie derelict greenhouses, overgrown garden, no window locks etc The children did love the attic room but I had to watch my youngest closely as the railngs were too far apart leading onto steep stairs and the gate was only a catch and not a safety gate. I felt the cottage was in need of some TLC. The TV made us howl with laughter as it was so... old. Having said all this we did find it very relaxing!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now