Talk

Advanced search

Christmas show for 6 and 3 yr olds

(7 Posts)
sjb23 Mon 26-Oct-09 00:09:30

I'm looking for recommendations and/or reviews of the various family-friendly shows that are on in London for Christmas.

My mum has offered to buy us tickets for a show as an early Christmas present. She had seen Peter Pan at the O2 advertised but I've heard it is ridiculously expensive.

I've seen that the Gruffalo, Stickman and Room on the Broom are also on.

Has anyone been to any of them and is able to compare and contrast?

cazzybabs Mon 26-Oct-09 18:42:01

the snowman is brill - the ballet in central london

blametheparents Mon 26-Oct-09 18:52:59

Gruffalo is good, we've seen that and the kids liked it.

Bet Room on the Broom is good too. It is on at our local theatre and I had wanted to take DD next year but it is only on during the school day angry Am guessing they want school parties to go, but our school do not take reception kids out on trips angry

Panto? Mine loved Cinderella last year

sjb23 Wed 28-Oct-09 22:41:49

I have to say it sounds as if they're being a bit spoiled as dd is already going to the Snowman with a friend on their family ticket and ds is going to Hackney Empire panto with his school. Otherwise I'd definitely gone for one of thoese.

The Gruffalo wasn't too basic? I've read a few reviews where people seemed to be unimpressed with the costumes etc. I'm sure dd will be excited whatever but ds needs to be a bit impressed these days.

Has anyone seen Peter Pan? I'd love to know what it's like as the website doesn't give much away but I have now looked at the prices and they are a bit shock.

henryhuggins Wed 28-Oct-09 22:45:56

we saw the gruffalo and it was awful. dds were 7,3 and 2 when I took them and big fans of the book. trouble with kids shows is that there are lots of kids making it really noisy and annoying. I won't go to any more shows marketed at children! taking dd now 8 to see lion king in dec for a xmas treat.

sjb23 Tue 03-Nov-09 12:34:42

I would love to take them to the Lion King. Sadly I think still too young. We'll have to wait.

My mum is coming up next week, so I think I'll talk to her about it.

One last request to hear from someone that has seen Peter Pan and would say it was worth the money?

sjb23 Tue 03-Nov-09 20:38:41

bump

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now