Talk

Advanced search

Day out in central London for 11, 9 and 6 year old girls in half term - any suggestions?

(15 Posts)
pinkteddy Sun 25-Oct-09 14:13:38

That's it really. The 11 year old is 11 going on 14 though and easily bored. The other 2 much more easy going!

JANEITEPatrickNormanMcHennesy Sun 25-Oct-09 14:19:30

The Science museum.
The V&A costume bit.
A boat trip.
The Eye.

foxinsocks Sun 25-Oct-09 14:20:35

do they like drawing?

the cartoon museum have some workshops this half term (but you'll have to pay for them I think and it's not free admission for adults)

Earlybird Sun 25-Oct-09 14:22:15

London Zoo - though it can be quite a pricey day out. Same goes for the Aquarium, though that also could be fun.

All will be heaving during half term.......if that matters.

pinkteddy Sun 25-Oct-09 14:23:10

The two younger ones do. Not sure if I can persuade the oldest though! Where is the cartoon museum, I haven't heard of it?

foxinsocks Sun 25-Oct-09 14:40:26

think it's little russell street? not a million miles from the british museum

you might have to bribe the 11 year old with a trip to top shop or something ;-)

foxinsocks Sun 25-Oct-09 14:42:26

I only found out about it as I was strolling around that area in my lunch break and a tourist stopped me and asked where it was!

pinkteddy Sun 25-Oct-09 15:01:56

Just found its website, thanks foxinsocks.

Might look at boat trip and/or the eye. Any recommendations for good boat trip?

JANEITEPatrickNormanMcHennesy Sun 25-Oct-09 15:15:18

If you haven't been on The Eye before and can afford it, I would really recommend it.

Kbear Sun 25-Oct-09 15:55:09

20% discount at Cartoon Museum here [[http://www.discountbritain.net/The-Cartoon-Museum.html?url=adwords&gclid=CKf5_avH2J0CFVBd4wodpGwtr A ]]

Kbear Sun 25-Oct-09 15:55:27

here

Monkeygirl69 Sun 25-Oct-09 16:00:42

Go to the rainforest cafe. It's just off Piccadilly circus in the Trocadero. Think they'd enjoy that.

pinkteddy Sun 25-Oct-09 23:26:51

thanks all for your suggestions and discount vouchers!

purpleduck Sun 25-Oct-09 23:40:33

Not central London - but the Horniman museum is FAB. And free. Its set is beautiful grounds as well

The Thames cruise is good

BrigitDeathEaters Mon 26-Oct-09 00:11:41

The Museum of Childhood in Bethnal Green is fun and really nostaglic for the parents too.

Lots of interesting things for kids at the National Gallery too.

Science museum is always great
parts of the V and A very interesting.

Ripleys believe it or not at the Trocadero (my easily bored 13 year old found this very interesting but be warned it's not cheap.)

Greenwich is a nice day out- there's the meridian and observatory with some quite interesting exhibits including a new planetarium which has some fab presentations.

The Natural History museum is also excellent (dinosaurs and animals)

Millenium wheel.

Thames Cruises are also great fun if the weather is nice. We took one from the Millenium pier to Greenwich recently. Had a brilliant running commentary from one of the crew-really enjoyable.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now