Talk

Advanced search

Ill be in london for rememberance week - I want to remember - where shall I go???

(6 Posts)
LauraIngallsWilder Sun 25-Oct-09 13:49:19

I wasnt sure where to put this - toss up between bereavement and day out reccomendations - I opted for here!

Ill be in london during November (which is very unlikely to happen again tbh) and have suddenly realised I could take my kids to watch some of the rememberance day parade/service.

I watch the service, parade etc on tv every year but have never been to see it 'in the flesh' as it were

So any reccomendations would be welcome - should we go on the sunday or on the 11th itself - and where to exactly?

And to get a 'view' of the march past how many hours of standing can we expect - would it be alright to take a fold up chair for my mum?

Thankyou in advance for all advice

LauraIngallsWilder Sun 25-Oct-09 14:08:36

Bump

LauraIngallsWilder Sun 25-Oct-09 14:56:01

Bumpety bump

It seems if 'one' goes to the centotaph area you need to be there for 9:30 for the march past 10-12

Eek - I am wondering what time a person needs to get there to be sure of a place to stand with a view of what is going on!

HairyMaclary Sun 25-Oct-09 15:01:27

It's been a long time since I've been any where the centoaph for remembrance sunday but it is very very busy. You need to be prepared to camp out from very early morning to get any where near the barriers to see the march . You won't get a seat on a stand unless you have tickets and you will def not get anywhere near the actual service. Sorry! It's a great atmosphere (if that's the right word for an occasion like this) though but be prepared for a lot of waiting.

LauraIngallsWilder Sun 25-Oct-09 15:05:44

Hmm that is what I was expecting!

I was hoping we could turn up about 8am somewhere nearish and lurk!

I knew we wouldnt get anywhere near the cenotaph - but hoped we could see the march past

My mum isnt too great on her feet so I was planning to take a fold up chair with us

LauraIngallsWilder Sun 25-Oct-09 15:35:49

Anybody else?

i know its two weeks away but I need to plan now!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now