Talk

Advanced search

Madame Tussuads is it worth it?

(7 Posts)
georgeclooneyfan Sat 24-Oct-09 16:49:24

I am in London just now and we leave on Monday just wondered is it worth taking a last minute trip to Madame Tussuads tomorrow we have dd10 and ds8? Any reveiews would be great thanks in advance.

ProfessorLaytonIsMyZombieSlave Sat 24-Oct-09 17:13:35

No.

(IMO. But your DCs are probably the right age to love it. But the queues will be hideous)

Geocentric Sat 24-Oct-09 17:15:58

No. Always full, massive lines, can't see anything properly, very expensive. (although I haven't been since 2003)

I used to live in university halls across the street (a looong time ago!) and would chuckle every morning at the poor tourists lined up, rain or shine.

nancy75 Sat 24-Oct-09 17:19:15

it is utterly rubbish and smells funny!

georgeclooneyfan Sat 24-Oct-09 17:23:06

Thanks for the advice most of the reviews I have read say the same really. I will have to look for something else to do then I think, they don't want to go to anymore musuems and have done alot of walking we did think of taking them to see Oliver but tonight would be the last night and the tickets seem really expensive or maybe I am being too stingy.

PestoPumpkinMonster Sat 24-Oct-09 17:29:29

Take a water taxi from to the O2 and have a meal there. Tis fun going along the Thames like this and not tiring at all as you're not walking. Lovely boat trip back again in the dark too, seeing all the lights and there is a laser marking the Greenwich Meridian which is cool too. smile

nancy75 Sat 24-Oct-09 17:47:23

you can probably get cheap tickets for a show at the ticket booth in leicester square.
restaurants in the 02 are awful, but the boat down the thames is nice, you could get off at greenwich and have a walk round the market

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now