Talk

Advanced search

Cotswolds - fun things and good food?

(10 Posts)
smilesandsun Thu 22-Oct-09 12:48:29

Hi,

I'm in need of hints on what are the best things to do in the cotswolds with kids. Also looking for some great ideas on where to eat (family friendly of course!).

Thanks!

twinklytoes Thu 22-Oct-09 20:57:42

burford garden centre is good for a cheap outing - seperate childrens cafe which serves lovely food, lots to look at and an outdoor activity playground.

the soft play just outside bourton on the water (between stow and bourton) is ok for older dcs, pre-school not so good.

EvilTwins Thu 22-Oct-09 21:03:09

How old are the kids? Cotswold Farm Park is good for younger kids - my 3 yr olds love it there. Also Batsford Arboretum is lovely if it's a nice day - especially at this time of year.

Rindercella Fri 23-Oct-09 23:07:42

Cotswold wildlife park is good.

Whereabouts are you going to be though? The Cotswolds is quite a large area.

saggyhairyarse Sat 24-Oct-09 08:51:26

Visit Bourton on the Water, let the kids wade in the stream with fishing nets. There is a Christmas shop there all year round and most kids like that! There is also Birdland there, which sounds a bit rubbish but is lovely!!!! Think you could easily spend a whole day there doing those things.

pickupthismess Wed 28-Oct-09 19:03:47

Westonbirt Arboretum(near Tetbury) - great for kids, super cafe, lovely walks, den building, playground and always loads organised for kids.

totallyawesome Wed 28-Oct-09 19:10:48

Slimbridge is good, though not sure what will be there at this time of year.

Also Puzzlewood in the Forest of Dean (near Cinderford) is a good day out, relatively cheap as well. Dr Who has been filmed there.

katylou25 Wed 28-Oct-09 19:49:20

Bourton on the water also has a model train exhibition and a car museum which is the home of BRUM so well worth a visit if you've got boys....

Also a couple of nice pubs there as well.

Rebeccadiamond Wed 28-Oct-09 21:14:25

There is a lovely attraction at Bourton in the Water called The Dragonfly Maze. It was built by Kit Wright, the artist. It is a small maze (no need to panic about getting lost, you would probably be within shouting distance of the ticket office if you did.)You follow little stone clues and then get to see the wonderful dragonfly. It is a lovely animatronic thing.

specialmagiclady Tue 03-Nov-09 13:41:48

Go to Westonbirt Arboretum tho it will be VERY BUSY if the autumn colour is still on. But if you want somewhere really pretty special to eat that's fantastically child friendly this place is my favourite place to eat (possibly in the world, given that I can take my kids)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now