Talk

Advanced search

Anyone been to THE SWAMP in Reading?

(9 Posts)
HellyBelly Mon 13-Jun-05 07:52:27

Just wondered what it is like?

maddyd Mon 13-Jun-05 07:58:49

No been to the Soft play in Madejski though!!! What is the Swamp??????

HellyBelly Mon 13-Jun-05 14:37:54

Not quite sure - a friend has invited me to go next week so trying to find out what it's all about (can't get hold of her at the mo!)

The Madhouse is good isn't it - we've been a couple of times as we live near there - ds loves it!

Milliways Mon 13-Jun-05 15:06:54

It is a smallish ballpit/indoor play area (like MAdhouse) DS had a party there (age 6). They have opened a new 3 tier one at same place called SPACE which DS wants to try before he is too big. It is great if you can leave them there for a party as not much room to sit & watch. South Reading Lesire Centre have a much bigger/better indooe plkay place as well.

HellyBelly Mon 13-Jun-05 15:37:37

Which would you say is the best? My ds is 2

vickiyumyum Mon 13-Jun-05 15:55:09

i would say the one by the madejski stadium as the swamp was abit of a dump when we took the kids to it, unless it has been refitted since last year!
the one at south reading is ok, but i thought that it was aimed more at kids from about 3 1/2 especially as the cafetria area is upstairs!
there is a good area for younger children, although obviously i would recommend close supervision and to go when the older children are at school as it can get a bit rough in there with the older ones.

HellyBelly Mon 13-Jun-05 16:01:59

Thanks for that - will see if my mate will go to Madhouse instead.

Milliways Mon 13-Jun-05 16:07:53

The SWAMP has a separate area just for the little ones where you can sit (it is upstairs). It is small but you can see the kids all the time & they can come & go to you as they please. I used to go there for a coffee when mine were that small. If they are not into climbing up all the large slides etc the SWAMP may be just fine.
HTH

HellyBelly Mon 13-Jun-05 16:11:19

Mine loves climbing - it's me that doesn't!! (don't like the heights - sad I know!) I may give the swamp a go for the freedom for once.

Thanks for that

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now