Talk

Advanced search

Recommendations, please, near Morecambe or Lancaster?

(5 Posts)
dotty2 Sun 18-Oct-09 20:31:33

My parents have retired to Morecambe, and I am taking the DDs there at half term (4 and 2). They are near Happy Mount Park, so we have done that to death, but we need a bit more variety. Mum and dad are no help with recommendations and we have had some really dreary days there, especially when it rains. I love my mum and dad dearly and they are the kindest souls, but absolutely no help with small children and their house is full of knick knacks so spending too long inside is a recipe for tears and breakages. I've tried googling, but failed to come up with much except the Lancaster museums. Any other ideas?

serinBrightside Sun 18-Oct-09 23:31:40

I have never been there so not much use! but you could try having a look on the local councils website as they usually have details of all the municipal parks and play areas as well as swimming pools etc.

Also I have found the enjoyengland website to be helpful, and maybe the National Trust, or English Heritage have places to visit nearby?

Leighton Moss isn't that far away.

branflake81 Mon 19-Oct-09 14:54:37

Williamson Park (Lancaster)? Big park with memorial, playground and butterfly house/avary.

dotty2 Wed 21-Oct-09 12:13:34

Thanks for those suggestions - let's hope the weather improves before next week!

headless Wed 28-Oct-09 15:52:22

Sorry if this comes too late for you, but might help for next time. There is a lovely playground for different ages on the prom at the West End, by Breeze cafe, there is a new soft play/farm place called Greenlands farm village just throught Carnforth towards Longlands pub, another smaller soft play/farm combo at Holly Farm on the A6 towards Garstang, Silverdale playground, nice beach at Far Arnside, Wild Boar park in the Trough of Bowland, Aquarium of the Lakes at Newby Bridge, Fell Foot Park again near Newby Bridge, train journeys from Haverthwaite (do Thomas days and stuff like that) think that's the right name, swimming at Salt Ayre pool, Nicky Nook woodland walk near Scorton A6, train ride up to Grange and playgrounds there, Brockhole Lake District visitor park with fab adventure playground. This is just my ramblings of where I like to go. We live quite near Happy Mount park too and I always thank my lucky stars that there's so much to do around here, not only if you have a car. Hope you and your kids have a great time!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now