Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Tenby in wales

(7 Posts)
beachbummum Sat 11-Jun-05 18:37:30

i am going camping with my partner, daughter who will be 14months old, our dog, my mum and dad and their dog. We are going to Tenby in wales for a week in Aug any suggestions on what to do.

throckenholt Sat 11-Jun-05 18:42:16

The beaches at Tenby are great. And the cliff walks are nice (not about a toddler though).

We went to Pembrokeshire a lot pre-children - basically great beaches, great cliff walks. I think there are also things like open farms to visit.

Hope you have a great time.

clary Mon 13-Jun-05 12:43:39

we go to tenby every year and love it.
Highlights:
boat trip to (or round) caldey Island
Ice cream in Fecci’s ice cream parlour
trip to dinosaur park
trip to folly farm
And the beaches of course which are fab and have lots of space evn in august
Sea is good too and kite flying on beach as well.
Pembroke castle is worth a trip if you like history
sorry, just looked at the age of yr dd, maybe some of these ideas not so great (mine and 6, 4, 2) but she will love the beach!

Janh Mon 13-Jun-05 12:46:00

Oooh, have a look at this thread , bbm. Lots of good Tenby stuff there.

tortoiseshell Mon 13-Jun-05 13:12:05

LOVE Tenby! Things we like to do - dinosaur park, Manor FHouse Wildlife Park, Clerkenhill Adventure Farm (this is lovely - just a farm with a walk round the perimeter, a few animals in the farm yard and a lovely farmer's wife providing cream teas. Amazing wood to walk through, climbing frames at strategic points round the walk. Also heron's brook farm, which is amazing. You can feed the animals - ds fed pigs, deer, calves, lambs.

EmilyD Tue 21-Jun-05 13:55:40

There's the national botanic garden of Wales - review here:-

review

A review for folly farm is here review we took our son here when he was about that age and he loved it.

Check out other places in area here here

cerys Tue 21-Jun-05 14:00:41

Having been to Tenby lots of times with our children, one tip I'd like to give you is that some of the streets are quite narrow and not great for big prams/buggies, so if you have a lighter weight stroller or a sling/carrier, you might want to take them along!
Have a lovely time! I'm hoping to get there again soon, as it's only just over an hour away, so no excuse really!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now