Talk

Advanced search

Calling Northwest Mums - advice please!!

(6 Posts)
fruitbowl Tue 13-Oct-09 15:57:57

I'm arranging to meet up with an old friend for a family friendly day out. She has 4 kids under 5 and we have a 4 year old.

I was thinking of a cheshire / merseyside based softplay like The Jungle (Warrington) or Kidz-a-loud on the Wirral. have any of you been to these and would you say they would be comfortable enough and enough for the kids to do for about 3-4 hours?

Any other suggestions of indoor venues?

Cheers

x

hairyclaireyfairy Tue 13-Oct-09 18:58:35

Underwater street in liverpool city centre
Geography is crap but there is a place called Windmill Farm about 1/3 mile on from Martin Mere althogh martin mereis good to. Windmill farm is brilliant not to exensive and lots to do.
Farmer teds in upholland about 12 miles out of liverpool is really good BUT I refuse to go there now as I will not pay entrance fees for me and other adults plus it is pricey for the kids too, popular though..

mummytotwins Tue 13-Oct-09 23:28:24

I dont know how to do links here but this place looks good in Warrington

http://www.bigfunpartyandplay.co.uk/index.html

or

http://www.crackpotscafe.co.uk/

sorry you will have to copy and paste the links

PlonkerCandleInAPumpkin Wed 14-Oct-09 00:00:29

There are a number of softplay centres in Warrington - Jellybeans is a good one.

There's also splashzone (next to Gullivers World) if you want something a little different. Basically it's a small water park without the actual swimming pool bit - just slides and water spurting out everywhere with the bonus of you not having to don a swimming costume and go in with them (you can watch/have a drink and chat from the side).

My children love it smile

KnitterInTheNW Wed 14-Oct-09 00:06:50

Jellybeans is brilliant, and the food is pretty good.

Crackpots is lovely but not very big and probably not great for that length of time.

If the weather's alright Walton Hall Gardens are good, with a big playground and little zoo.

KnitterInTheNW Wed 14-Oct-09 00:07:40

Except you said indoor didn't you, so ignore that last bit hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now