Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Legoland for a 4 year old?

(13 Posts)
chachachachacha Mon 12-Oct-09 12:26:16

Thinking about taking ds to Legoland. Have never been before - but is he too young for it? And would it be worth the money?

We're heading down the Devon for half term so was thinking about breaking the journey up and spending friday 23rd at Legoland to break the journey up.

The only thing that puts me off is that he'd be exhausted from school - would it also be heaving as I think there are lots of other non pupil days on the 23rd October.

Thanks

NyeEve Mon 12-Oct-09 12:27:04

ah
we are going on the 22nd
schools in these parts break up on teh Wed

chachachachacha Mon 12-Oct-09 12:35:20

cheers for the heads up on that - might put off visiting for another year or so

NyeEve Mon 12-Oct-09 12:36:39

friday traffic will be horrendous at any rate

crokky Mon 12-Oct-09 12:40:03

no school on the 23rd at DS's school either

ChopsTheDuck Mon 12-Oct-09 12:52:09

I personally think 4 is the perfect age. It is really aimed at toddlers. Mine ahve been going since they were 2, and they adore it there. We only live down the road.

Our school doesn't finish until the fri, but you can bet it will be busy anyway.

It isn't worth the money if you are going to pay the admission prices on the gate. There are usually offers around though - lastminute usually have cheap tickets.

squeaver Mon 12-Oct-09 13:00:34

Agree wouldn't go on the Friday but well worth it for 4 yos.

izz2009 Wed 14-Oct-09 14:44:46

If you have tesco vouchers, don't forget to check to see if you can save money on Legoland tickets with your vouchers.

4 is a great age for Legoland, although most 4yo not quite tall enough to go on the Jungle Coaster. On-the-gate prices are enormous.

nhshopeful Wed 14-Oct-09 14:58:09

There is a special offer on the site for 15 pounds for parents with toddlers (classed as under 5's {{http://www.legoland.co.uk/NR/rdonlyres/E3F67591-24A7-4852-A24F-887AE68A5DFA/0/LLWParentToddlerJUNE 09.pdf]]

emmabutton Wed 14-Oct-09 18:15:47

Hi, my mum just rang me to say she had a family ticket to Legoland which is effectively on my doorstep. My DD is only 4 months - is there anything she'd enjoy/benefit from there? thanx

johnnybuoy Fri 16-Oct-09 16:58:09

We took our 3.5 yr old son twice recently and had a great but very tiring time even though he wouldn't go on half the rides cos' they were 'too scary'.
They don't actually ask for id for kids so you can get away with not paying for 3-4 yr olds. (Waits for chorus of disapproval).

ramonaquimby Fri 16-Oct-09 17:01:11

4 months old - don't waste your money, she'd have just as much fun throwing bread at ducks or swinging with you at the park.

degoland isn't aimed at toddlers at all - lots of the rides aren't suitable for them in the first place.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now