Talk

Advanced search

Any fun things to do that are cheap and last an hour or 2 in London for an 18 month old?

(11 Posts)
PoppyIsApain Sat 10-Oct-09 17:51:25

Im going to do my christmas shopping in London in November, i will be catching the train which takes an hour to get there, i will be taking my 18 month old DS and dont want him stook in his buggy all day and want to make it fun, does anyone know anywhere fun that will allow him to let off steam for abit that is not too hard to find using the tube. smile

PoppyIsApain Sat 10-Oct-09 17:52:09

Der meant stuck, i must be tired grin

science muesum has a wonderful water part, and play area. free to get in and nearest tube is south kensington i believe.
else go to feed ducks in one of many parks.

Tambajam Sat 10-Oct-09 18:01:23

Science museum is nice and easy. In 'the garden' downstairs they have a little water play area, giant lego for building, and other areas to explore. You need to bring a change of clothes though as the aprons provided don't keep it all out.

PoppyIsApain Sat 10-Oct-09 18:10:51

Excellent thanks, didnt know they had a science museum, def go there grin

tethersend Sat 10-Oct-09 18:15:02

Museum of Childhood in Bethnal green is very good- and right next to the tube.

If you are shopping around Bond street, it takes about 15 mins on the central line to get there...

Jamieandhismagictorch Sat 10-Oct-09 18:22:27

I second the Science museum.

If the weather is OK, Corams Fields playground (Russell Square tube) is lovely, safe and enclosed. It's not too far from the West End. It's not as well-known as it should be. Only adults with children are allowed in

The Princess Diana Playground, in Kensington Gardens is also great (Bayswater Tube)

Will put thinking cap on and think of more ....

Jamieandhismagictorch Sat 10-Oct-09 18:28:02

The London Transport Museum is really good. It's free for children but about £8 for children, so a bit steep. Covent Garden Tube.

Jamieandhismagictorch Sat 10-Oct-09 18:28:31

Sorry £8 for adults ...

moomaa Sat 10-Oct-09 18:42:11

Go to the Tate Modern and let him run round the turbine hall and go up and down the escalators? There's quite a lot of art on the main floors too that you are allowed to touch/sit on. I have always found the staff very welcoming to this kind of play. Free too.

peacock19780 Sat 10-Oct-09 18:46:42

Go to Westfield where they have lots of facilities and there are cafes which are very kid friendly with toy, play areas

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now