Talk

Advanced search

Anyone recommend things to do in cornwall - and any discounts you know of?

(11 Posts)
mankymummymoo Tue 06-Oct-09 13:49:53

please? am going with DP and DS (4) for October half term.

TheWebster Tue 06-Oct-09 13:53:34

Where abouts are you staying?

Beauregard Tue 06-Oct-09 14:00:12

Trethorne leisure park near Launceston is fantastic and mainly indoor so ideal whatever the weather.

PandaG Tue 06-Oct-09 14:02:45

we really enjoyed the Eden Project. If you book online it is a bit cheaper. Then, if you giftaid it you can convert your entry to an annual pass, so if you go at the beginning of the week you can also go at the end of the week.

LoveBeingAMummy Tue 06-Oct-09 14:05:05

<sneeks in at the back to get some ideas>

CaptainUnderpants Tue 06-Oct-09 14:11:39

Martime Museum in Falmoith . entry allows entry again for a whole year !

If you have Tesco vouchers it is a clubcard deal for entry .

CMOTdibbler Tue 06-Oct-09 14:17:51

DS was deeply happy to get the foot ferry from Rock to Padstow and back again. And not quite Cornwall, but the Big Sheep in Bideford was v popular

mankymummymoo Wed 07-Oct-09 09:28:37

Thanks everyone, we are staying near newquay but happy to drive anywhere else.

Panda - you can convert one days entry price to a yearly pass? really?

threetinytots Wed 07-Oct-09 09:39:32

Dairyland, Lappa Valley Railway, Crealy Adventure Park and Springfields are all popular with my children and are around Newquay area. Flambards Theme Park in Helston is having a big end of season firework display and a meet and greet with scooby doo one day over half term, thursday I think, if you fancy that. The Camel Trail cycle path is worth doing if you have a dry day, you can hire bikes there. Can think of loads more - just let me know what sort of thing you like doing!

If you get the local paper (West Briton or Cornish Guardian) they usually have money off vouchers for local some local attractions.

PandaG Wed 07-Oct-09 19:37:54

yes really, if you gift aid it. you have to give various dtails so only you can use it and not pass to other people, but we went twice in 10 days in the summer, and found plenty to do.

Stellywelly Fri 09-Oct-09 00:01:02

Second Lappa Valley, Dairyland (especially if wet)and Camel Trail with fish & chips at Mr Stein's as the reward! Park up behind Lidl in Wadebridge(might be worth booking bikes as half term). Falmouth Maritime Museum is a longer drive from Newquay (over an hour) but great especially for wet days. Highly recommend Trevilley Farm shop just outside Newquay; wonderful homemade pasties (pre-order by phone - they also have a website) and if you are near Porth Beach, please visit Porth Stores as my DD's godfather owns it and he is lovely! See you down there....or queing on the A303 to get in wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now