Talk

Advanced search

Days Out in Fife - Scotland

(6 Posts)
Janbo25 Thu 09-Jun-05 10:33:46

Hi I', going up to St Andrews nest week with my husband who will be working in the area, we have a 5 month old baby, and I'm looking for suggestions of days out where me and him can go if you have any suggestion they would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

tabitha Thu 09-Jun-05 16:35:01

What about Craigtoun Country Park on the outskirts of St Andrews - we went there a few years ago and it was very nice although your baby will be a bit young to appreciate it. There are nice grounds, playgrounds, boating lake, model railway etc.
If the weather's nice (big if ) there are the beaches; there's a Botanic Gardens (haven't been there so don't know what it's like) and there are lots of quaint little fishing villages in the 'East Neuk' like Anstruther and Crail.
Hope you have a lovely time.

happymerryberries Thu 09-Jun-05 16:44:33

Craigtoun is fab! The Botanics are beautiful to push a pram around. The walks by the sea are beautiful too. there is also a very nice swimming pool with a baby pool with mini slide. And they have family changing rooms. there is also a very nice park by the beach. A wander round the ruined cathedral is beautiful and I did it lots with my dd.

Most of all you have to go to Fisher and Donadson =and have a fudge doughnut!

alicatsg Thu 09-Jun-05 16:49:06

Janbo I am SOOOOO jealous. I was at uni there and grew up there and its heaven.

Craigtoun is nice, I really liked it there when I was little.

The Sands are lovely but can be quite blowy so wrap baby up well. I used to love Anstruther and Crail.

If its still there then the Crawford Arts Centre on North Street used to have some interesting exhibitions, the Byre Theatre has some reasonable productions, if you get desparate for shops then the bus to Dundee is adequate or take a day trip to Edinburgh via the train from Leuchars.

have a fantastic time

CMJ Sun 12-Jun-05 22:05:01

I highly recommend a morning or afternoon on the beach at Elie (about 20 mins drive away), just along the coast from St Monans, then go for lunch at The Pavilion. I spent all my childhood holidays there and it is a lovely part of the country.

I am going there for a few days in July with my 3 year old and the grandparentsm cant wait to relive all my childhood memories!

Fimbo Sun 12-Jun-05 22:33:17

You could try this if its wet. There is also a park at Lades Braes with a riverbank walk. ANYTHING from Fisher & Donaldson is nice although my dh and fil also swear by the fudge doughnut's. You can also get lovely ice-cream from Jannetta's or Luvian's.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now