Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone been to slimbridge?

(8 Posts)
mummyhill Thu 09-Jun-05 09:54:20

We are going to slimbridge with some friends at the end of July with dd 3.5. We have never been before what can i expect? Is there a lot of walking? Only asking as i will be 33/40 with number two by then!!

RTKangaMummy Thu 09-Jun-05 10:05:42

Sorry Don't know but thought I would bump it for you

here is a link that may help

mummyhill Thu 09-Jun-05 10:11:35

Thanks looks good just hope there is not too much walking as it will kill me if the weather is hot!!!

RTKangaMummy Thu 09-Jun-05 10:18:31

Guess you could ring them up or email to ask

wordsmith Thu 09-Jun-05 10:25:35

Yes! I've been to Slimbridge, although not for a couple of years, but we took DS1 when he was about 2.5 yrs old - he loved it. There are loads of flamingoes and other birds to see and lots of things for kids to do. There's as much walking as you want - most of it is very flat and on footpaths so it's extremely pushchair-friendly. I don't go a bundle on walking far and it was fine for me - there are loads of benches and rest points though. Have a great time.

Frenchy72 Thu 09-Jun-05 15:41:39

take an umbrella with you, as birds are flying everywhere, mostly above you and ....

mummyhill Thu 09-Jun-05 15:43:44

good idea thanks

bea Sun 12-Jun-05 20:39:41

mummyhill, went last summer and it's a lovely day out... cafe is very nice, lots of nice clean toilets and picnic area good... lots to see... not so much to do though! (feeding the geese??) and you can do as little or as much walking as you want!!!

have a nice day!

oh yes and it is very very buggy friendly!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: