Talk

Advanced search

cornwall - can anyone recommend.....

(11 Posts)
csa Thu 09-Jun-05 09:20:28

any good books on things to do in cornwall with preschoolers?

lilaclotus Thu 09-Jun-05 16:19:17

we loved 'dairy land'. on the A3058 4 miles from Newquay. it was quite cheap and we loved the milking parlour.

LIZS Thu 09-Jun-05 16:25:44

is this site any use ?

cadbury Thu 09-Jun-05 16:29:45

Old MacDonalds Farm near Padstow is great for the little ones - ony rides, mini railway, trampolines, animals, oys, lovely cream teas

csa Thu 09-Jun-05 16:32:07

thanks liz, will check out link. looks good.
lila, unfortunately we will be staying in the bodmin moor area so it may be too far to travel.... i think?

lilaclotus Thu 09-Jun-05 16:33:40

that's where we stayed. it wasn't that far at all. maybe you should try doing a routemap on the AA website?

hayleylou Thu 09-Jun-05 16:35:08

Flarmbards amuzment park?

binkie Thu 09-Jun-05 16:36:47

I hugely recommend this - Good Britain Guide - not just Cornwall, though of course covers that too - it lives in our car and I can't count the number of times it has produced the perfect idea.

binkie Thu 09-Jun-05 16:39:59

There's the Bodmin Steam Railway of course; and you're not that far from the strange hidden little enclave that is Lappa Valley

Can you guess I had a trains-mad preschooler?

csa Thu 09-Jun-05 16:42:57

oooo... will check all this out. thanks! and i too have a train-mad preschooler so that should be great. keep them coming

soapbox Thu 09-Jun-05 16:45:53

My DS loved the visit to Culdrose. You book it in the little cafe/shop next to the airfield. Got to see all the helicopters etc.

Also the Maritime museum in Falmouth is good.

As hayleylou says Flambards is worth a day out!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: