Talk

Advanced search

something different (& cheapish!) in London plse

(10 Posts)
FoJo Sat 03-Oct-09 15:34:13

We're in Newcastle and going to London next weekend to see Hairspray (me, gran & dd aged 11). We've done the bus tour, duck tour, tower, mdme tussads & a few other things I cant remember. We like Covent Garden and will go there. Any siggestions for something a bit different (& ideally not too expensive!)
Thanks folks

mwff Sat 03-Oct-09 15:42:36

all the museums are free

Ivykaty44 Sat 03-Oct-09 15:46:06

I second museums - there is the V&A or hands on in the science or wars covered by getting the tube to the elephant and castle and walking around the corner to the Imperial War museum which was the lunatic asylum in a past life called Bedlam - thus the frase.

posey Sat 03-Oct-09 15:48:19

Climb up The Monument? (inexpensive)
Climb up St. Paul's? (a bit pricey)

Will think some more

Ivykaty44 Sat 03-Oct-09 15:49:40

The Tate is free to wander around, just pop your head in the door and take a peep - cafe and loos downstairs.

janeite Sat 03-Oct-09 15:51:27

The costume section of the V&A;
The British Museum;
Coffee in the crypt of St martins in Trafalgar Square, as it is such a nice looking space;
Tate Modern?

FoJo Sat 03-Oct-09 15:55:14

thank you folks, have been up monument twice and its great (trips coincided with kids doing fire of london at school). Ashamed to say not big on museums blush especially not 'art'. costume section of v & a sounds a possibility? We've never been to st pauls, dont mind paying if its worth it!

Ivykaty44 Sat 03-Oct-09 15:56:33

Grave walks grin

there are grave stone walks of famous people and other walks on here

FoJo Sat 03-Oct-09 15:58:39

I like the idea of walks, that'd be good, thanks, hadnt thought about it

Ivykaty44 Sat 03-Oct-09 16:01:17

Some of the walks you have to pay for, but there are also diy tours of the same walks to do in your own time for free - like the idea of the diy jack ripper tour shock

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now