Talk

Advanced search

toddler friendly place to eat nr M5 just south of Bristol

(8 Posts)
jgulia Fri 02-Oct-09 20:56:37

I am meeting my Dad and his wife who is disabled half way-which turns out to be just south of Bristol, for a Saturday lunch in a couple of weeks.My son who is 2 will need to burn off steam after an hour and a half in the car and parentals will be wanting good but not posh food without having to walk far.Please help,Jx

Washersaurus Fri 02-Oct-09 20:57:45

Ikea?

emkana Fri 02-Oct-09 21:03:01

you could go here

just off junction 17

emkana Fri 02-Oct-09 21:05:15

There's also all these at Cribbs Causeway off J 17

herbgarden Fri 02-Oct-09 21:09:18

www.nationaltrust.org.uk/main/w-vh/w-visits/w-findaplace/w-stourhead/

Stourhead near Longleat just off the A303 is really nice - nice cafe, lots of open space for small people but you'd have to check out
disabled access for the open areas.....
Might be a bit out of your way but thought I'd mention it !

theslightlypeckishcaterpillar Fri 02-Oct-09 21:13:59

Try Brewsters in Portishead, just off J19, as you go ino Portishead.

It has a giant soft play area, and outside play area, food is ok, nothing amazing, but they have a reasonable kids menu.

here

saggyhairyarse Fri 02-Oct-09 22:31:51

There is a cafe/bistro at Ashton Court if it is dry (the cafe is indoors but your DC could burn off steam outdoors). 10 mins from the motorway.

There is a Pizza Express in Clifton village, again 10 mins from motorway, which is very child friendly. Park on the Leigh Woods side of the bridge as loads of free parking, walk over the suspension bridge (there is a play park on the left on the Clifton side) and PE is a 5 minute walk.

No 5 The Beach in Clevedon is child friendly too. There is a park on the sea front, a walk on the pier which has a tea room at the end.

jgulia Sat 03-Oct-09 20:57:38

thanks all-I think i might go with Ashton Court Jx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now