Talk

Advanced search

Warwick Castle - is it a good day out for a 3.5 and 1.5 yr old

(4 Posts)
johnnybuoy Thu 01-Oct-09 13:19:56

Hi, Is it worth it for a 3.5 yr old boy (who does like castles!) and a 1.5 yr old girl (who likes princesses).
I can get half price tickets through my work for adults and under 4s are free so it's a fairly cheap day (£21.50 for 4 incl parking).
Is it relatively buggy friendly?
We could only go at weekends, does it get completely packed, is Sunday better than Saturday?
Thanks

ardchoile Thu 01-Oct-09 20:11:07

Honestly, I would say that your children are still a bit young for Warwick Castle.

I live locally so have been several times over the years, but DCs only really started enjoying it when they were about 5.

Buggy friendly - not really. You can use it to get to the castle from the entrance but not inside the actual buildings. And there are lots of steps.

I think Saturday is better than Sunday as a rule. You still need to get there pretty early to get a parking space.

roisin Thu 01-Oct-09 20:52:31

We took our boys when they were a similar age. They had knight dressing up outfits and wore those! We had a whale of a time and ds1 can still remember it (8 years on!).

weegiemum Thu 01-Oct-09 20:56:22

I would say they are a bit young, though it is a great day out. We took our 3, age, 5, 7, 9 there last summer and they had a fabulous time,
I didn't find it very buggy friendly but the staff were very helpful about that as dd2 has mobility problems, they let us take our Major buggy into some of the rooms.

It was mobbed on the Sunday we were there, but that was July.

Don't take them into the ghost tower (if that is still on) - it was utterly terrifying!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now