Talk

Advanced search

deals for attractions in London

(8 Posts)
grumpyfrumpy Wed 08-Jun-05 12:01:23

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

jenweber630 Thu 09-Jun-05 00:43:59

I think they have a 2 for 1 deal when purchasing train tickets but I'm not sure if it's still on - you may want to inquire...

jinglybits Thu 09-Jun-05 00:58:07

1/3 off the river boat from embankment to greenwich with optional stops inbetween when showing a travelcard when purchasing ticket! just did this, ds loved it!

grumpyfrumpy Mon 13-Jun-05 12:03:23

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

stitch Sat 09-Jul-05 12:11:59

anyone know any other places to get deals?

lilybubble Sat 09-Jul-05 19:29:39

Hiya, lastminute.com have some offers that might be of interest. Also, the Evening Standard published a "Great Days Out" booklet on Thursday, and will repeat it in a couple of weeks time - 26th July I think. I'm looking for a fun day out tomorrow, and can't find much on the net. Thinking of buying a book - can anyone recommend anything??

GeorginaA Tue 12-Jul-05 15:03:41

Can I just stick my oar in and say don't go with lastminute.com? Had horrible horrible experience with them (where they kindly took our money but "forgot" to actually book anything and then took about 6 months to refund us) and now actively tell people to look elsewhere!

Don't know if it's any good but I surfed by this London Pass page earlier today and thought it look quite interesting. You pay per day but then get free entry into 50 London attractions - looks like you could save quite a bit that way.

GeorginaA Tue 12-Jul-05 15:05:45

Oh, I would also say, if you do a bus tour that the two main operators (the Big Bus Company and the Original Tour) are REALLY competitive against each other - there may be haggling opportunity there (then again, both fairly busy too...) Staff at the stops of the Big Bus Company seemed more useful and knowledgeable but also heavy sell. The Live Commentaries on the Original Tour were good but if you get on the pre-recorded need headphones tour it was pretty crap for the money. Big Bus Co. might be the better deal...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now