Talk

Advanced search

staying in perranporth this weekend any recommendations for places to visit....

(5 Posts)
mum2samandalex Wed 30-Sep-09 22:24:55

with a 5 year old and 20mth old. Dont think the weather is going to be brilliant and have just read some reviews about our campsite which aren't brilliant (sun deal) so please tell me of some good places to visit to cheer me up :-(

hadenoughforoneday Wed 30-Sep-09 22:29:19

dairyland - big indoor soft play for both ages and indoor barn full of animals, plus all the outdoor fun and games and animals.
they used to do 'return' tickets too. get your ticket stamped and you can return for free all week.

It's been a while though - I used to live up the road but moved away a couple of years ago.

hth.

CornishKK Wed 30-Sep-09 22:34:51

Don't worry, depends what you are looking for really but there's shed loads of indoor entertainment in Cornwall because it's ALWAYS raining - even the Eden project should be bearable at this time of year.

Pack wellies and waterproofs for the kids and go to the beach anyway - much prefer it in the winter.

mum2samandalex Wed 30-Sep-09 22:45:28

Thanks guys weve all come down with cold this week and my yougest has croup so came on here to look at the campsite and it had crappy reviews so feeling sorry for myself sad.Will have a look at the dairyland. Any recommendations for places to eat too dont fancy staying on the site much!

CornishKK Thu 01-Oct-09 22:30:00

Sorry to hear that Mums2, Perranporth isn't really my end of Cornwall but here's a few places I like if you are out and about:

www.rashleighinnpolkerris.co.uk/menu.html
www.themillhouseinn.co.uk/
www.theplume.info/plume-of-feathers.htm
www.foodforthought.fowey.com/

This is fairly near you, nice pub but I've not eaten here for at least 15 years!
www.thesmugglersden.co.uk/

Fowey is a nice day out, some good walks near there and you can hire small motor boats on the harbour.

Or go down to Rock and get the ferry across to Padstow - the children will love waving a flag from the beach to call the ferry.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now