Talk

Advanced search

Legoland - one day or two?

(5 Posts)
Buda Mon 28-Sep-09 12:30:00

Going to Legoland and wondering if it is a one or two day trip. We will be staying in the area somewhere from the Thursday and are planning Legoland on the Friday. Wondering if I should be planning the Saturday as well or if we can find something else to do in the area for a day.

Any recommendations for a REALLY nice hotel in the area would be good too!

gegs73 Mon 28-Sep-09 12:35:46

Hi - We have a season pass at Legoland courtesy of Tesco Clubcard points wink and if you go on a Friday at the moment out of school holiday time there is no-one there.

I've been the last two weeks on a Thursday with DS2 and apart from the Boating School you could walk straight onto whichever ride you wanted and even stay on for another go (only queued for Boating School for 10 mins though)!

Without the queues you can easily get on everything you need to in a day so I would think on the second day you would just be repeating yourself. If you wanted two days of theme parks maybe you could go to Legoland one day and Chessington the next which isn't too far away.

Hope this helps.

Buda Mon 28-Sep-09 12:39:44

Thanks. I think one day will be fine then. Now to decide what to do on the second day. DH mentioned Windsor Castle so maybe a couple of hours there and then a couple of hours shopping!

fridayschild Mon 28-Sep-09 12:49:16

I would avoid it on Saturdays if you could, myself.

Windsor Great Park near the castle is fantastic for long walks if you wanted something a little less frantic after Legoland.

Buda Mon 28-Sep-09 13:11:08

Will def be avoiding the Saturday! Are planning on going on Friday 23 Oct. which I am hoping won't be too busy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now