Talk

Advanced search

Day out central london - two 3 year olds - what do we do? Weatherproof

(8 Posts)
tryingherbest Fri 25-Sep-09 17:42:14

Trying to orgnaise something for a friend. Her son will be 3, my ds is 3.

I'm stumped!

Aranea Fri 25-Sep-09 17:57:41

Oh, loads of stuff. Transport Museum in Covent Garden is great for small boys who love pretending to drive buses & trains. Aquarium is fab and you can stroke the rays. Natural History Museum has a brilliant dinosaur exhibition and lots of exciting stuffed animals. If it looks like being a nice day London Zoo is good and has a lovely new kids' area.

Aranea Fri 25-Sep-09 18:00:05

Nearly forgot the Science Museum, which has great interactive kids' sections - in particular for littlies there is a bit called 'The Garden' which has water play with boats, climbing stuff, weird mirrors and things to change your voice, etc etc

tryingherbest Fri 25-Sep-09 18:01:09

Natural history - OK for three year olds? You reckon.

LOL - as I'm a londoner and I've bascially said she's going to have to come to me.

Her little one cannot concentrate for one second though and she'd have to bring him up on the train (which I think will be fun for him).

Liking covent garden as it's easy for me.

I'll look into these many thanks

LilianGish Fri 25-Sep-09 18:03:17

HMS Belfast and/or the Golden Hinde - very close together. Cafe on board Belfast or Pizza Express by Southwark Cathedral.

EldonAve Fri 25-Sep-09 18:04:52

I would say Transport Museum

MrsJohnDeere Fri 25-Sep-09 18:09:00

Science Museum
Boat trip

Aranea Fri 25-Sep-09 22:09:52

Well, my dd1 loved the natural history museum when she was 3. She was very excited. But she could concentrate, so maybe not unless he is particularly excited by animals or dinosaurs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now