Talk

Advanced search

London Transport Museum

(6 Posts)
MrsBartlet Thu 24-Sep-09 21:06:37

We're planning a trip to the London Transport Museum for ds's 9th birthday. Can anyone tell me if you are actually allowed to go inside the vehicles? I realise they don't actually go anywhere smile! I remember going to a transport museum when I lived in Glasgow as a child and I loved going on all the old buses, trams etc!

ardchoile Thu 24-Sep-09 23:12:33

I took my dss there in July, and yes, you can go inside some of the vehicles.

I can remember going in a tube train, overground train, various buses, a tram (and possibly others!). In some of the buses you can sit in the driver's seat too.

SolidGoldBrass Thu 24-Sep-09 23:15:05

Yes, you can. And there are simulators so your DS can pretend he's driving a tube train (apparently they are like the simulators used for training actual tube train drivers).
BTW if you live in or near London and have transport-mad DC then, on your first visit, ask about becoming a Friend of the Museum. They don';t publicise this option much (understandably) as basically for about £30 a year you get unlimited free visits.
(Can you tell the person with a transport obsessed DS who goes every weekend...)

ardchoile Thu 24-Sep-09 23:18:34

Oh yes - forgot the simulator, it was broken when we went. Not that it stopped my boys playing with it anyway!

They also loved the bit where you are electrocuted on the tube track....

MrsBartlet Fri 25-Sep-09 08:31:40

Oh thanks both! Ds will love it. He has gone a bit train mad at the moment!

MilaMae Wed 30-Sep-09 21:55:13

How long does it take to do it all properly?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now