Going to Berwick upon tweed soon, where to go while there

(16 Posts)
sunburntats Thu 24-Sep-09 07:13:09

with a 6 year old and 2 year old?

Any one been, where can we go?

sunburntats Thu 24-Sep-09 15:02:10

bump...

Clayhead Sat 26-Sep-09 12:26:44

Seahouses for fish & chips (the lifeboat practice is at about 6pm on Tuesdays and it's fab watching the boat go down the street and being launched). Also crap but fun crazy golf there.

Beach walks - Seahouses, Beadnell, Bamburgh.

Short walk to Dunstanburgh Castle from Craster. Buy kippers at Craster or Seahouses.

Lindisfarne/Holy Island.

The Ship Inn at Low Newton by Sea

Lilymaid Sat 26-Sep-09 12:36:25

Have a look here. This place might also be enjoyable for DCs

bodeniites Sat 26-Sep-09 12:38:30

their used to be a really good soft play area there when we went it was empty apart from us and we adults were allowed on too it was brilliant also there is a great beach within driving distance Coldingham and St Abbs Head nice even in bad weather

sunburntats Sat 26-Sep-09 21:23:26

Hi thankyou all SO much for this info, we cant wait till our holiday in October.
Loads of time for planning with all your help.

Mutt Sat 26-Sep-09 21:29:21

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

dogonpoints Sat 26-Sep-09 21:36:08

Ugh, Freezehouses. I really don't like that place and would rarther get fish and chips almost anywhere else.

But the crazy golf - as always - is fun.

dogonpoints Sat 26-Sep-09 21:37:12

Heatherslaw Mill in Ford & Etal could be fun for little ones as there is one of those old steam engines. And ice cream.

Mutt Sat 26-Sep-09 21:39:46

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

dogonpoints Sat 26-Sep-09 21:43:27

yes, going to farne islands Good. We tried to go this summer but the sea was too rough.

I appreictae the chippy is recommended but Seahouses just depresses me. I'd rather eat an inferior chip in a nicer place.

waitingforbedtime Sat 26-Sep-09 21:53:21

There is a big swimming pool there with flumes etc which is good.

Lions Den soft play in Alnwick (30 miles away) or Adventure world in tweedmouth.

East Links Farm Park is at Dunbar (30 miles north) and is well worth a visit, farm animals, cafe, playbarn, wee train, trampolines etc (google it)

Hirsel near Coldstream is good for walks.

erm, thats all I can think of. Have fun, x

dogonpoints Sat 26-Sep-09 21:56:25

oh yes, East links good

Clayhead Sun 27-Sep-09 18:47:18

[have had a number of fab holidays in Seahouses and love it grin]

TheButterflyEffect Sun 27-Sep-09 18:56:44

Message withdrawn

nappyzonecantrunfortoffee Sun 27-Sep-09 19:06:16

We went last year with a 6 yr old a nd 2 yr old, we drove over the thingy to holy island and they were papping themselves in case we got stranded but it was kind of enjoyable. We also found some suspension bridge which we crossed wlaking that took you from england to scotland - dd 6 and dh thought this was highly amusing and crossed from england to scotland a zillion times. The weather was nice when we went so we spent alot of time on bamburgh beach which is truly gorgeous and had a ncie picnic. Berwock itself is ok for a walk round, seahouses ok for seafood treats but also i found it a bit depressing. Where you staying?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now