Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

day out??

(6 Posts)
jamese Mon 06-Jun-05 11:05:43

Hi, our 10th wedding anniversary is coming up soon, and I would like to do something different to celebrate it. We have a DD 18 months who we want to take with us - any suggestions? I thought maybe going up to London for the day - and suggestions for hotel to stay in? We live in Swindon so anything within 2 hours travel would be fine. To be honest doing anything would be something different!!

cod Mon 06-Jun-05 11:06:09

Message withdrawn

saadia Mon 06-Jun-05 11:27:33

This doesn't really sound right for an anniversary, more for your dd, but we spent a few days at Bovey Castle, in the Dartmoor National Park, and nearby there was a miniature pony centre which our ds loved, as there's loads for kids to do, although your dd might be a bit young for the pony rides. I mention it because we drove past Swindon on our way there.

cod Mon 06-Jun-05 11:44:54

Message withdrawn

cod Mon 06-Jun-05 11:45:36

Message withdrawn

jamese Mon 06-Jun-05 20:40:02

Many thanks for your suggestions. Burgh Island sounds great - but I was only really looking for something to do for 1 day and maybe 1 night (very short of funds)..
Like the idea re seaside - but we are actually going away to Cornwall for hols the week after. The pony centre sounds good in a couple of years time. Any more ideas?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now