Talk

Advanced search

need your ideas for days out in sussex please

(7 Posts)
charleepeters Fri 03-Jun-05 20:24:22

we cant afford our planned holiday this year so we have decided to go out on day trips each day whilst dp is off work for a week, we live in west sussex but dont mind travling a bit, weve got Marwell or possibly London zoo down on out list. Any other ideas, ds will be 10 months by then so no theme parks with scary rides or anyting please let me know if you think of anything!

NoPearls Fri 03-Jun-05 20:55:32

Have you been to the Weald and Downland Museum at Singleton? It's a lovely peaceful setting with lots of rebuilt historical buildings, which might not thrill DS too much, but there are also farm animals and a pond with ducks. They have various events over the summer which are probably more exciting to go to - 24th July is Rare Breeds show, so lots of animals.

Weald and Downland

starlover Fri 03-Jun-05 21:16:27

Drusillas's Park
Beach -place called klimping is LOVELY (it's on opposite side of river to littlehampton)
National Trust places

erm... i'll have to have a tihnk about some more

vickiyumyum Fri 03-Jun-05 21:35:12

we've got a holiday place in Selsey and so often visit arundel, worthing, brighton, witterings for beaches and fmaily fun fairs etc.
also because this year is the 2oo year anniversay of trafalgar (?) there are lots of fmaily days planned for portsmouth and also the historical ships.
what about paultons park, oh but if ds is your only child then probably not that good a day out as aimed at kids.

charleepeters Sat 04-Jun-05 16:16:40

nopearls i live just down the road form the wield and downland museum i used to work there for a while so wouldnt be a day out for me

thanks fr your suggestions though keep em coming!

NoPearls Sat 04-Jun-05 17:08:16

Ahh well! I'm not a million miles away from the W&D either. Do you have a clubcard? We've just cashed in some vouchers for the days out tokens - £2.50 of vouchers = £10 of entry tokens for quite a few places. We're off on holiday to Wiltshire and will get into Longleat for about £10 of vouchers instead of £50 real money. I love a bargain, me!

jellyhead Sat 04-Jun-05 17:16:15

I used to live in East Sussex and miss it very much!
Druscillas is lovely for a day out and there is a sheep farm outside Eastbourne that does tractor trailer rides etc but I can't remember the day [sorry]
Day out in Hastings, there is alot there for children
Flimwell bird park near Tunbridge Wells
Is the Aspinall Zoo near Folkestone too far. Really worth going to if not.
Camber sands.
Hope you find somewhere good

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now