Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

"Somewhere with rides, please mummy."

(20 Posts)
BethAndHerBrood Thu 02-Jun-05 21:42:57

"Somewhere with rides, please mummy" was DS's answer when asked where he would like to go for his birthday.

So, where do we take him??

We live inbetween wigan and manchester, know about Gulliver's World at warrington, never been, unsure about their reputation, what do you lot think??

The only other place I could think of was Camelot, but DH thinks it looks a bit manky!!!!Has anyone been lately, what did you think??

Thanks very much, xxx

darlingbud Thu 02-Jun-05 21:44:10

Knowsley Safari park?

biglips Thu 02-Jun-05 21:44:22

gullivers world was fab as i went last year but couldnt go on the rides as i was 7 months pg! but has to pay to get in which i thought it was a disgrace!! but otherwise they have got loads of rides

Skribble Thu 02-Jun-05 21:45:15

Definatly not flamingo land, very run down and manky feel about it, Kids enjoyed it but not very excited / enthusiastic about day. We hated it!!

darlingbud Thu 02-Jun-05 21:45:43

Lightwater Valley?

Nemo1977 Thu 02-Jun-05 21:48:11

gullivers world is ok good for under 7 i think but havent been for a while. My mum takes her sure start every xmas and they all love it.the safari park is really good idea as u have a fair there as well and they also have a seal show..only about 20mins long but good.

have yet to take ds to gullivers world as hes only 19mths but will do when hes older.

hope u find somewhere good to go

BethAndHerBrood Thu 02-Jun-05 21:48:14

darlingbud, thanks for the idea but it's no good, as DH wouldn't take our new car round!!!!Mind you, he wouldn't have taken our old car round either!!LOL!!!(or maybe he just doesn't want to go!!)

biglips, thanks for that, one vote for Gullivers World!!

Hulababy Thu 02-Jun-05 21:49:26

I went to Gulliver's Kingdom in Matlock Baths this Monday. It was great fun and IMO good value for money too. Yes, some of it was a bit old and could do with a lick of paint in places (the castle maybe???) but there were lots of rides suitable for children. And parents can ride with children on them all too.

How old is your DS?

If 90cm or over he can go on all rides, bar the biggest roller coaster - for that you have to be 110cm.

darlingbud Thu 02-Jun-05 21:51:16

just worth mentionaing that the monkey bit has an alternative path to take if you don't want them near the car. you can drive past ad avoid them but just look through the fencing.

BethAndHerBrood Thu 02-Jun-05 21:53:30

My DS will be 7 when it's his birthday, DD is 5, but they are both giants-in-training, well over the height limit!!

roisin Thu 02-Jun-05 21:54:00

We took the boys to Camelot about 18 months ago, and they loved it. It was certainly a bit grubby and could do with a lick of paint, but staff were friendly and helpful. Show (knights tournament thing on horses) was good fun.

How old is your ds?

Bonkerz Thu 02-Jun-05 21:54:02

i second gullivers kingdom at matlock bath! went today with 4 children under 5 and had a great day. The three oldest had fun going on the rides over and over again because queing was non existant!! Not bad for non term time. My ds is nearly 5 and loved every minute of it and the rain did not spoil our fun!

lisa34 Thu 02-Jun-05 21:55:05

Knowsley safari park is a fantastic place to take the kids my two boys are 4 and 2, and they throughly enjoyed themselves in fact they didn't want to leave!! plenty of rides for them to go on and you can go on as well, and the animals are great - but wouldn't recommend going into the baboons enclosure - some of the car were coming out damaged!!!!

Hulababy Thu 02-Jun-05 21:56:13

Have to agree about the small quese. We went Bank Holiday Monday, and the car park was pretty busy - even at 10am (opening time). But the longest queue we had was no longer than 10 mins, most were a couple of minutes max. And there is loads to do. We didn't leave until closing time, at 5pm, and we didn't get to do everything. We missed the indoor play bits and didn't play golf. Lots of places for picnics too.

Nemo1977 Thu 02-Jun-05 21:56:37

we took ds to knowsley safari pk few weeks ago and went thru monkeys etc. It was funny cos one did huge poo on dhs car..yuk. DS loved it but think he loved the mini train thing loads more.

Polgara2 Thu 02-Jun-05 23:31:01

Hi - think Gullivers World would be good idea. It is a bit tired looking but my dd's (4 and 7) absolutely love it, they never want to come home. Pricewise I think its ok as there are lots of rides. I would personally take a picnic though, not very impressed with the eating facilities. My dd's find this part of the fun. I would also get there near opening time as the car park gets very full and you can end up miles away! Knowsley is a good day too but I would definitely not go in the monkey enclosure again -we lost both water sprays from the front of the car and a back wiper last time - dh not impressed and girls upset . Some cars came out with only half a number plate . The rides at the end are ok.

clary Thu 02-Jun-05 23:53:00

I have been to Gullivers in matlock Bath (near me) and also Milton Keynes, both very good for little ones I think.
7 and 5 would be great I would think.
Don't know about Warrington park but agree with Hula that we always stay the whole day and still don't do everything (as many times as they want to anyway!)
Definitely take a picnic tho.
Glad you had a good day Hula!

biglips Fri 03-Jun-05 10:36:41

i went to knowsley safari park about 2 yrs ago and went thru the monkies area. no monkies went near our car but inoticed all the monkies were on all the red cars (our was metallic blue)... honestly

Gobbledigook Fri 03-Jun-05 10:52:40

Not been but my friend went to Gulliver's World in Warrington with her 4 yr old and 2.5 yr old last week - she said it was great and they loved it and we are planning to go together in the summer hols.

mears Fri 03-Jun-05 11:22:31

Gulliver's world is really good.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now