Talk

Advanced search

BLACKPOOL - do we really have to pay even to walk through the pleasure beach?

(7 Posts)
Millimat Wed 09-Sep-09 19:39:49

Is that right? Going on Sat for the lights and would treat DCs (2 and 5) to a few rides, but not if we really have to pay £20 simply to get in to look at them. Thats extortionate! Am i missing something? Help please!!!!

frazzled74 Fri 11-Sep-09 14:42:41

take them to central pier instead, more than ample for 2 and 5 yr old. Pleasure beach isnt that great anyway, unless you want to go on the big rides. They may like a tram ride too.

Millimat Fri 11-Sep-09 17:43:01

Is central pier the best one to head for then?

mumandlovingit Fri 11-Sep-09 18:33:46

the pleasurebeach you have to pay to get in so you cant see the rides unless you pay.its a wristband system.

they have amusements and a merry go round down one of the piers, not sure about all of them.

blackpool zoo is nice to visit.

hope you have a good time.my mum and dad are there now, coming home tomorrow

frazzled74 Sat 12-Sep-09 18:05:33

yes we go to central pier when we go to visit relatives only small but enough to get the blackpool atmosphere, especially when illuminations are on. def recommend the zoo and stanley park if weather ok.

purepurple Sat 12-Sep-09 18:15:42

I think it is £5 to go in without going on the rides.
Go to St Annes, it is much nicer and a short ride down the prom.

FoJo Sun 27-Sep-09 20:57:31

Yes, they just introduced that this year which i think is terrible. Lots of rides for little people on one of the piers as above. Also near Stanley Park there is a BRILIANT model village, not v expensive, maybe £4 for children & £6 for adults and I love it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now