Talk

Advanced search

october half term ideas!

(6 Posts)
milknosugarplease Sat 05-Sep-09 20:39:38

i know its really early (kids arent even back yet!) but im tryong to think of some ideas for days out (im a nanny)

there will be a 10 year old boy, possibely 2 8 year old girls but def 1 girl and a (will be) almost 6 month old.

looking at the horniman museum for one day but need other ideas, will pay a bit for 1 day out e.g. legoland, but would prefere to keep reasonably cheap.

we live in north london, so near northern line and plenty of buses.

thank you!

milk xx

justagirlfromedgware Sun 06-Sep-09 17:00:36

Here's the list of what we (almost managed to do) this summer from north London with our DS aged 10:

And always look for 2 for 1 offers if you use public transport - www.daysoutguide.co.uk/.

Kew Gardens (tree-top walk in particular; take picnic, obviously weather permitting)
Docklands Museum (brilliant fun with the added fun of travelling there on the Docklands Light Railway
Greenwich Maritime Museum (go there by boat if it's not too cold; we go from London Bridge)
Houses of Parliament (not sure if open in October)
British Museum (ask about children's free packs - they follow a trail round an exhibit, which makes them really look at what they're seeing)
London Aquarium (but get there as it opens and see above comment on 2 for 1) - it's even better than before.
Tate Modern (ask for children's pack and even non-arty children will enjoy describing what they see)

milknosugarplease Sun 06-Sep-09 19:57:06

Wow thank you!

will def look at these!

i didnt think of half these places!!

thank you again

milk xx

katieheinson Wed 30-Sep-09 10:09:08

Hello!

I have been looking everywhere for inexpensive ideas to keep my little ones amused during the October half term! I've previously taken them to loads of different tourist attractions but wanted to find some stuff they could do that wouldn't cost a fortune!

I came across the Betty Crocker Family Fun Finder (www.bettycrocker.co.uk/great_idea.aspx) and found it to be a huge help! There's some really simple and great ideas on there for all different age ranges!

Hope this helps!

Katie

MilkNoPoisonPlease Sun 04-Oct-09 11:02:15

ooh thank you!

blametheparents Sun 04-Oct-09 11:10:51

I've never been to the Docklands Museum. Is it good?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now