Talk

Advanced search

London Eye

(7 Posts)
pepsi Wed 01-Jun-05 13:55:19

Went up to London by train yesterday with whole family 10 of us inc. 8, 6, 5 & 3 year old and had a lovely time. All the children loved the London Eye, their favourite thing to look at was Big Ben and for my ds5 the trains! I would recommend it for a day out, theres a grass area opposite where you can sit and have a picnic. a small playground and some street entertainers a bit further down. We used the look in the big ticket office and they were lovely and clean and more importantly free!

suzywong Wed 01-Jun-05 14:03:38

It is a great day out itsn't it Pepsi?

pepsi Wed 01-Jun-05 18:01:08

Yes, certainly is, it really gave us a taste for visiting London more often. Its a good one to do with a whole family as is suitable for all ages.

Earlybird Wed 01-Jun-05 18:42:37

Did you book tickets in advance, or just turn up?

I've wanted to go, but haven't booked in advance as I didn't want to risk getting a gloomy/rainy day. But, also don't relish the thought of queing for ages....but I really wanna go! I'm sure it's amazing when the weather is clear.

Hausfrau Wed 01-Jun-05 18:45:59

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

pepsi Wed 01-Jun-05 20:57:31

yes we did book before hand, there was only one day we could all go this week so it had to be that one and hope for the best. I think dh said he got 10% off for online booking. It was very busy there. There was a big queue to buy tickets and then once you have a ticket you have to line up to get on. Everything was very smoothly done and the whole area seemed rather peaceful despite the amount of people. I keep hearing that they are going to close it down later this year so if you want to do it better get it done just in case.

Eowyn Wed 01-Jun-05 21:13:57

We went last week so before half term & tho we had tickets there was hardly any queue, so if you can go out of school time prob don't need to book. Was great especially pointing out Big Ben to dd, where the space man had tethered his invisible space ship in Dr Who.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now