Talk

Advanced search

Ideas for things to do in (or around) Cambridge with an 18mo and 3.4 yo

(8 Posts)
MrsJohnDeere Wed 02-Sep-09 19:27:59

Tomorrow (Thurs) or Friday afternoon.

Not shopping.
Not punting.
Probably not musuems unless very child friendly (after stressful visit to Natural History Musuem today)

Have visited the Botanical Gardens recently so would like to see something new.

NorkilyChallenged Wed 02-Sep-09 19:29:53

Oh. Was going to say Botanical Gardens after a very nice day there on Monday....

Um. When it's wet we tend to do indoorsy things. The dreaded soft play (Cheeky Monkeys in Fulbourn is great). The park in Newnham is fantastic but not much good if it's forecast to piddle it down with rain.

Will have to put my thinking cap on...

MrsJohnDeere Wed 02-Sep-09 19:32:29

weather looks ok for tomorrow, if nothing more - 17 degrees and cloudy.

not soft play - we can do that closer to home if so inclined

EldonAve Wed 02-Sep-09 19:39:06

Linton Zoo
Shepreth Wildlife Park

Ewe Wed 02-Sep-09 19:40:07

Wimpole is nice if you have a car and don't mind a little drive from Cambridge.

NorkilyChallenged Thu 03-Sep-09 06:34:47

Yes, I was going to say Wimpole (the Farm is great, my two - 2.6 and 15 months) love it.

I prefer Shepreth Wildlife Park, more to do if it gets wet and just nicer all round I think.

Neither of these are particularly central though. I have to admit I rarely take the kids into town as it's just so hectic in town <lazy mother emoticon>

It's utterly miserable here at the moment, windy and looking like it's going to pour down sad

MrsJohnDeere Thu 03-Sep-09 08:24:16

Thank you all. Still trying to make up our minds. Weather iffy here at the moment too (hour or so away from Cambridge).

MrsJohnDeere Thu 03-Sep-09 19:32:55

In the end dh took the dcs to the Fitzwilliam Museum (not a huge success grin) and I went shopping. Will try the other suggestions another time. Turns out we drive right by Wimpole and Shepreth on our way to Cambridge.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now