Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone been to EUREKA in Halifax?

(13 Posts)
gorionine Thu 27-Aug-09 17:38:41

My dcs are 10, 8, 5, and almost 3. We are hesitating between a trip to "The Deep" or "Eureka" if you have aleady visited either of them which one would you recomend?

Lizzylou Thu 27-Aug-09 17:45:25

I have only been to Eureka, mine are 5 and 3, and it is very good.
Lots to see and do and keep them occupied, would be fine for all your DC as well.

gorionine Thu 27-Aug-09 17:47:45

Thanks Lizzylou, I was a bit worried about DD4 but if your 3yo enjoyed it chances are mine will too.

Lizzylou Thu 27-Aug-09 21:34:38

Gori, yep, 3yr old DS2 has been twice now, he loved it when he was 2 as well.
It's good as there's something for all ages.
Have a fab time smile

LightningBolt Thu 27-Aug-09 21:37:08

Yes,dcsd 5 and 3 and youngest sn,plenty for them both to do.Very impressed,well worth it

I live near the Deep and have annual pass,is also very good

ptangyangkipperbang Thu 27-Aug-09 21:45:40

My 11 year old has grown out of Eureka but perhaps it's because he's been there so many times. The best thing for your oldest child to do is find the 'capsule' that zooms from the bank, to M and S and then to the garage. Many visitors don't know about it, but it's fun stuffing it with bank notes and chasing after it!
Google free child entry as it can be an expensive day out. I just did it and found free entry on bingohideout.co.uk!
Get there early. I took DS3 the other week and was amazed at the number of people arriving at 11am and having to queue, looking at a few things and then queuing for lunch! If you arrive at 10am then you get to do the Town Square first before it gets chaotic.
Take a packed lunch because there's a nice outdoor area and a train carriage if it rains.
If it's a sunny day I wouldn't bother though! You'll have a cheaper day out at a Farm Park. Where are you? Hesketh Farm at Bolton Abbey is brilliant.

Lizzylou Thu 27-Aug-09 21:49:12

Gawd yes, get there early and deffo take a packed lunch (take it the DC aren't fasting? Sorry for being thick!).

PinkyRed Thu 27-Aug-09 21:50:40

Eureka is brilliant. We took our DD, who was 3.8 at the time and she loved it. Fantastic place.

JonahB Thu 27-Aug-09 22:21:10

I love Eureka. My DS's are 2 and 4. DS1 constantly asks to go again. Agree with the packed lunch idea. We always take one.

roisin Thu 27-Aug-09 22:48:37

Eureka is fantastic. We first took ds1 when he was about 2.5. Since then we've been a couple of other times and both boys have loved it in different ways and at different ages. Ds1's now 12 and is desperate to take his cousin who is 2.5!

ruddynorah Thu 27-Aug-09 22:55:05

yes eureka is fab! taken dd when she was 2 and again at 3. she adores the mini m&s and the bit with the boulders and of course the body bit.

the deep i wasn't overly impressed with. it's really just one big tank and different view points of it plus lots of mini tanks of small creatures. too much looking, not enough doing for dd's liking, but then she is only 3.

gingerbunny Thu 27-Aug-09 23:09:12

they are both really good, more to do at Eureka though, but once you've been to the deep you get a free pass for the rest of the year.

gorionine Fri 28-Aug-09 09:27:07

ptangyangkipperbang, thank you for the advice, we can only go because we have some Tesco vauchers! I did not know bingohidout, will give it a try for another time!

Lightningbolt, you are making the choice harder!wink Dh is leaning towards The Deep!

Lizzylou, thank for the packed lunch tip! Only DD1 is fasting because she wants to try but she is not obliged to do so and can have "days off"!

Ruddynora and gingerbunny, valid point about DCs wanting do do thing rather than just watch.

Thanks, all of you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now