Talk

Advanced search

Odds or Bocketts Farm - which is best?

(16 Posts)
Stinkyfeet Wed 26-Aug-09 21:29:55

Thinking of taking the ds's to one or the other; they are 6 and 3. I've never been to either, ds1 went to Bocketts Farm last year on a school trip and really enjoyed it.

Are they pretty much the same or is one of them better?

Stinkyfeet Wed 26-Aug-09 21:52:14

bump!

DMonabonfireinadeepdarkwood Wed 26-Aug-09 21:55:24

Never been to Odds farm, but Bocketts is pretty good imo.

hf128219 Wed 26-Aug-09 21:57:00

Never been to Odds either but I like Bocketts too!

giantkatestacks Wed 26-Aug-09 22:00:31

Um again with the useless advice of Bocketts being quite good but have never been to Odds (though we prefer Horton because its cheaper and theres more to do for the smaller dcs).

Where is Odds btw?

cardy Wed 26-Aug-09 22:02:19

Another here...never been to Odds but Broketts is worth a visit.

giantkatestacks Wed 26-Aug-09 22:03:32

On the upside it seems that Odds will be emptier grin

CMOTdibbler Wed 26-Aug-09 22:04:01

I really liked Bocketts. Friend who took me (and DS) goes to Odds too (near her parents) and thinks Bocketts is better

PrincessToadstool Wed 26-Aug-09 22:05:47

Never been to Bockets but really liked Odds farm, just for a bit of balance! DS was terrified of almost everything though...

giantkatestacks Wed 26-Aug-09 22:05:51

I like the pig racing best...I have been known to go hoarse with shouting leaving the ds looking really embarrassed...

PrincessToadstool Wed 26-Aug-09 22:06:29

<googles Bocketts farm now>

DMonabonfireinadeepdarkwood Wed 26-Aug-09 22:08:07

<agree that Horton is slightly better for littlies, but at 6 I think on cusp of being better at Bocketts>
(helps add additional farm to mix, thus greatly simplifying situation grin)

Stinkyfeet Wed 26-Aug-09 22:11:06

Thanks all! Odds Farm is near Beaconsfield, gks. I'm all in a quandry now. The ds's enjoy pig racing too - I think they do that at both farms.

Thank you CMOT - that's the closest I've got to a comparison, so Bocketts may be the one.

Stinkyfeet Wed 26-Aug-09 22:17:55

I didn't notice the Hortons addition! I've never heard of that one, but have now googled, and yes, much cheaper.

Hmm, which to choose, which to choose?!

babyOcho Wed 26-Aug-09 22:20:31

Never been to Bockets, but we have annual passes to Odds.

Went on Sunday and it's really quiet. There's sheep racing, and I cannot even remember what demo they are doing. Some of the outside paddocks are closed as they are busy renovating.

That said, there is still stuff to do - play areas, still lots of other paddocks open, rabbits, tractor ride, peddal bike things.

Stinkyfeet Wed 26-Aug-09 22:32:29

Thanks for that babyO, I think it's going to be Bocketts - it's a little bit closer to us as well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now