Talk

Advanced search

Legoland - are the queues hellish in the holidays?

(6 Posts)
changer22 Mon 24-Aug-09 21:27:52

We're considering taking the 4 DC (7, 5, 2 and new) this week as a treat. We haven't been before.

We're about 1.5 hours away and have a 12 week old baby. I don't mind the travelling time or the baby aspect (one of us looks after him while the others go on the rides) but I can't be doing with queuing for ages with disgruntled children if it is really busy.

Has anyone been recently?

wrongsideof40 Mon 24-Aug-09 23:09:18

No - but planning to go in October , so will be reading replies with interest !

bea Mon 24-Aug-09 23:16:52

we're going at the beginning of sept and am hoping that some schools will have started...smile look forward to reading replies... have you thought of Q-bots?

IdrisTheDragon Mon 24-Aug-09 23:23:53

DS (5) and I went yesterday and had a great time smile. As there were just the two of us and I got tickets using Tesco Clubcard Vouchers, we got Q-bots and I was v glad we did.

We were able to do a lot more than we would have done without them - other people did need to queue for a while and we were able to enjoy turning up and riding.

We especially liked rides where we got wet grin

shinyshoes Mon 24-Aug-09 23:25:06

yes, it is manic.

I wouldnt get the Qbot. You can only book one ride at a time, so you can't book the next ride until you finish the previous one.

They only call you when they have an 'opening' which is on average an hour to an hour and a half (you might as well queue for an extra half hour and save money.).(the Qbot is for the 4 big rides only. Don't ask me which ones as this is what the man behind the counter said. uyou can't reserve a place in the queue on the smaller rides)

We go there at 10.00am and by 7.00pm we still hadn't been on the 'big' rides.

It's all fun though.

IdrisTheDragon Mon 24-Aug-09 23:34:35

Ours worked for at least 20 rides I think. And in the spare time we went on smaller rides, looked at miniland, ate lunch, played at the splash park etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now